Freshly printed virus-free notes now available online at top exchange rates
Thomas Cook has launched a digital travel money service – offering holidaymakers better exchange rates than the Post Office and the option to buy freshly printed, virus-free notes for peace of mind.
The new Travel Money service from Thomas Cook, which recently relaunched as an online-only business, allows customers to order travel money online or via a dedicated app, with the option of receiving Clean Currency® – brand new, freshly printed, virus-free Euros and US Dollars, in sealed tamper proof packaging.
The new service aims to tap into the market that saw Brits spend £48bn overseas last year. Best Exchange Rate Guarantee monitors Post Office exchange rates on a constant basis to ensure a better deal for customers.
Other top features include:
- More than 50 currencies covering 98% of worldwide destinations
- Currency converter, also available offline
- Fully insured Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed
- Free delivery on all orders over £500
- No commission or hidden charges
- Regular order tracking updates for additional peace of mind
- Next business day delivery for most currencies for orders received by 1pm on business days
- Award-winning customer service by chat, phone or email
- Delivery to any UK address
- Clever Currency toolkit – including reminders, alerts when rates are high or reach your target rate, plus historic exchange rates to compare currency performance
David Scott, head of ancillaries and financial services at Thomas Cook, said: “Despite the shift to digital money when spending at home, we know our customers are still twice as likely to take at least some cash when spending abroad. Cash is preferred by many people because it helps with budgeting on holiday and avoids over-spending. We’ve created a digital solution that means we can offer fantastic rates on holiday money and it can be delivered the next day to an address of your choice.
“The app also means you can plan ahead and let it monitor the markets for a particular rate meaning you lock in the best exchange rate in preparation for your holiday. Our new business is all about making booking and enjoying a holiday as simple and easy as possible in a digital way and our new app is the next stage of that.”
Licensed by the CAA and Atol-protected, the new Thomas Cook is a purely online business via a new website www.thomascook.com offering customers thousands of hotels and flight routes so they can design their own holidays.
Fosun Tourism Group – one of the world’s largest leisure companies which also owns Club Med – acquired the brand and online assets of Thomas Cook in November last year.
For more information about the Travel Money Service, visit https://www.thomascook.com/travel-money or search ‘Thomas Cook Travel Money’ in the app store.